Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More Moon...

Just what i said I wouldn't do...so I lied. Playing around with various eyepiece combos and the camera, and there wasn't anything else in the sky tonight other than clouds and a short view of Saturn. I shot a set of 15 second subs of M42 just after darkness, only to find that you can't assume your rig is aligned simply because it was the night before...it had been moved several inches by someone unknown, and the set is pretty useless...





These pictures are all clickable for larger sizes. I have decided that prime focus is the way to go; to much wobbliness and trouble with my cheaply made focuser, with all those extra pieces between it and the camera.





Here is the field of view I get with the camera in the prime focus; no extra fiddly bits and chunks of cheap glass in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment