Wednesday, November 9, 2011

M15

I have a lot of favorite globular clusters-and this is one of them, M15 in Pegasus. The moon was so near and so bright that I couldn't even find Pegasus visually-not one single star. After a bit of hunt and peck, I nailed it down, and here is the result. 15 minutes at ISO 3200.

Our neighborhood lost a wonderful but sick 60' eucalyptus last week; because of that, I can shoot in the part of the sky that is actually darkest here. After missing the last two months, I'm feeling pressure to get those early Fall objects while there is a chance. Fortunately, that area is very rich in clusters and galaxies, which don't always take days of effort to capture. Here is the first of them, the Pegasus cluster. This is an easy binocular find when the moon is not nearby.

Last month we also got a new monitor, and it is not calibrated in any sense; it is altogether possible that these next few photos will need to be redone once I get the screen adjusted properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment